Your Privacy at Striking Offers
- Protecting your privacy
- We offer email anonymization by default to reduce 3rd party harvesting & spam. Only after a user elects to respond to another user will their email address be revealed.
- We don’t run banner ads, pop ups, pop under, or any other kind of commercial ads.
- We don’t share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don’t engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- Striking Offers, or people who post on Striking Offers, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
- Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, forwarding emails, sending weekly email newsletters, etc.
- We may collect personal information if you post it in our listings, or if you contact us directly. Please do not provide any personal information on Striking Offers postings that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Striking Offers site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
- Data we store
- All classified and forum postings are stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
- Circumstances in which Striking Offers may release information
- Striking Offers may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.